Aransas County has started a Free Trash Program for residents and property owners within Aransas County.
- Residents and property owners may receive two cards per month which may be used at the Aransas County Recycling & Transfer Station for up to 500 pounds of household solid waste, rubbish, brush, and tires per card.
- Cards may be used Tuesday through Saturday at the Transfer Station.
- Cards may be received by visiting the Aransas County Service Center located at 1931 FM 2165 on Saturdays between 9am and 11am.
- Residents and property owners must show a current ID and a current utility bill showing proof of residence or ownership in order to be issued a card.
- If you are disposing of more than 500 pounds, you will be charged the current rate for the amount over the first 500 pounds.
- Hazardous materials will not be accepted.
- Cards are for non-commercial use only.
- Cards are non-transferable.
- Cards are non-exchangeable.
- Only residents and property owners of Aransas County are authorize to use the program.
- Recyclables items such as aluminum cans, plastic bottles, auto batteries and recyclable metals should be sorted from the solid waste being disposed.
- Our goal is to provide service with a valve of 15 tons per week. Each card will have a value of 500 pounds. This will enable us to provide 60 cards per week.
- The cards have an expiration date and will have no value after the expiration date. Please be aware of the date of expiration for your card(s).
- Consider recycling drink cans, plastic bottles, auto batteries, appliances and metals in order that the weight of these items will not count against the value of your card.
- Cards may be used for household (non-commercial only) solid waste, rubbish, tires and brush.
- The Transfer Station is open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 am until 5 pm. Consider dropping off waste during non-peak periods. While the transfer station is open until 5 pm, please arrive by 4:45 in order to have time to unload before 5 pm.
- Please remember each card has a one time use and will be retained by the staff; you do not receive a credit for unused value.
- However you will be charge for the amount of weight over the value of the card.
- Keep a copy of your weight for your records in order to help you plan future trips.
- Please be considerate for others when requesting cards.
Please visit the Environmental Health Department or call 790-0121 for details.